Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Forgiving others sets US free....give it a try!!!!

When someone hurts or upsets us, God says, "Forgive, and hit the delete button!" Otherwise you'll be corrupted with a virus that controls the way you think, act and talk. Worst of all, it'll keep you chained to the memories. "But forgiving is hard," you say. Sure; that's why Jesus said, "Pray for those who mistreat you" (See Mt 5:44). Forgiving someone begins with praying for them. "But I need to try and understand why they did it." Smart people do stupid stuff. Good people do bad stuff. And misguided people don't know what they're doing.

That's why Jesus prayed, "Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do" (Lk 23:34). You may understand someday, or you may never understand. Either way, FOR YOUR OWN SAKE forgive, hit the delete button and move on!...Amen!

3 comments:

Annette said...

I'm going to start coming here daily for inspiration Kathy!!! Your words touch me all the time!!!

Holly Stocke said...

Amen, sister!!! I couldn't have said it any better myself. This is why I love ya. You lead by example and it is clear you live to be like Him. L*O*V*E

Lula Bee said...

This is my favorite post!!! What a wonderful message, if only the world could just forgive and let go what a different place it would be!!

Allison